Location: Albion, IL
Project Architect: W. E. Felix
The Pagoda in Albion was built in 1914 as a community project by the Albion Women’s Beautifying Club, with Mrs. E. P. Carlyle as chairman of the fund‐raising and construction. It was designed by W. E. Felix, an architect from Fairfield. William T. Burrell was in charge of the actual construction of the structure. The main purpose of the Pagoda was for band concerts, a popular social event of the time; as well as a shelter for the Albion Mineral Well located beneath it.